Have been working at figuring out a way to handle organization of the QSL Card Collection.
Though a rather modest problem right now with all the cards fitting into a few shoeboxes, if I get this right now it will provide a basis for system to use for years.
This is one of the areas I’d really appreciate suggestions on.
I’ve identified a few goals:
- Organize the Cards so I can pull those needed for Awards & Award Upgrades
- Allow expandability for the steady influx of new cards.
- Identify which QSLs/QSOs were used for various awards.
- Not be too upset if I pull a couple hundred cards for a picture-book binder to show examples of the best QSL designs.
- Better track if I had sent a QSL and by which system & route.
Sounds easy, but so far I’ve experimented with various systems that have let me down.
I have to confess that I am not a clerical sort by nature, and that I find it easier to stack up the incoming cards & ignore them so I can get back to the rig and operate.
I also have most QSOs uploaded into eQSL (figure it is a nice backup) and have about another 1000 to 1500 QSOs to upload to LoTW before I am caught up that way.
Suggestions? What has worked for you?