Yesterday with some great help from my electrician the Skyneedle crank-up control was sorted out. The following picture is what you do NOT want to see, as the switch had not been properly triggered and ended up past the metal “trigger piece” on the Skyneedle. I had developed this problem first time I ran the tower upwards, and it was definitely a two-person job to troubleshoot.
The roller micro-switch after it went past the “trigger”
The circuitry on this tower is a very neat upgrade built long ago. I tried tracking down the ham who oral legend said built it, but he is either an SK or in a home. The pencil drawing circuit schematic is pretty weak, and lacks labeling or any description of operation.
Turns out a at the tower control parallels the remote, and that both the on-tower and remote have neutral-positions that are not labeled nor shown on the schematic.