In a really nice addition to the SmartSDR ecosystem, Marcus Roskosch DL8MRE is releasing a native MacOS version of SmartSDR which should hit the Apple MacOS App store on August 15th 2020.
As a disclaimer, I have NOT participated or seen this software in pre-release, though with the high quality of Marcus DL8MRE past work and software releases, I am very excited about his new product.
Some really great features:
- built in FT4/8
- integrated CAT & DAX
- built in Logbook with ADIF Export and a Call lookup tool
- internal DX-Cluster
- a Band-Map Tool
- internal Spots on the panadapter
- CWX and CW Macros,
- Internal and external Audio device support
- SmartLink integration
- Full Firmware Updating capabilites for your Radio
- Support for Country TURF Files
- Will display all the panadapters and slices your Radio is capable of
While Marcus DL8MRE is closely affiliated by FlexRadio, he is a third party developer. His products are considered officially supported and promoted, but they are not part of the basic SmartSDR for Windows product included when you buy a new Flex-6000 radio.
The new app does run $149.00 as a one-time cost. Presently it will only be offered through Apple’s store. I am uncertain if your SmartSDR for Mac purchase is per radio, per machine, or allows for some combination. Nor is it clear you can install this on all your own MacOS machines?