I’ve long had an interest working with different computer operating systems and hardware. Back at school I worked with several mainframe systems (mostly Harris, DEC, Wang and IBM), CPM/MPM desktops, early Apple and IBM/DOS systems, a peculiar Houston Instruments system and the usual raft of small machines (Commodore, Apricot, BBC, Sinclair/Timex) and I am sure a few I have forgotten about.
Until a few years ago I still had an OS2 Warp machine running 24/7/365 which hadn’t been rebooted other than once a year to do Preventative Maintenance in a decade.
My production machines these days are all Win10Pro and MacOS machines because of needs to tightly interface within my work groups, but my hobby machines continue to range in flavors.
Currently in the shack are a Linux Mint 20.1 Mintbox fanless PC and a Raspberry Pi 4b running Raspian, as well as the Gallium Linux repurposed Chromebook. Have a Raspberry Pi Zero W (wireless) just arrived. Also recently arrived is a small Raspberry Pi e-ink screen HAT.
Linux Mint on a MintBox Mini2
- Linux Mint – https://linuxmint.com/
- MintBox Mini2 Fanless PC – https://www.linuxmint.com/store_mintbox.php
Raspberry Pi Projects
- Raspberry Pi – https://www.raspberrypi.org/
- Raspberry Pi 4b – https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/
- e-ink HAT screen – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FQKSZ9/
- Raspberry Pi Zero W – https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/
Chromebook running Linux
- GalliumOS Linux for Chromebooks – https://galliumos.org/
- My GalliumOS Chromebook Project – https://k9zw.wordpress.com/2020/02/07/preparing-an-ft8-linux-laptop-from-a-chromebook/
What flavors of OS/Hardware are you running?