Here is the setup:
- ZeroFive 30ft extra heavy duty flagpole vertical antenna
- 38 #14 solid direct burial grade radials 30 ft long, soldered to the radial ring.
- 3/8 inch copper tube radial ring, bonded to the antenna with a #14 solid wire
- Array Solutions AS-302N 3K lightning protection/static dissipation
- one eight foot ground rod (you can see the feed is protected in a flexible conduit)
- 275 ft of Hardline to the shack
- 2 ft of Belden 9713F final whip from antenna to Array Solutions device
- 12 ft of Belden 9713F final whip to an internal Flex-6700 antenna tuner in the shack
I’m running 30m digital as I type the Flagpole Vertical. In use for 30m the ATU bypasses as the match is 1.05:1 which with the long feedline disappears to a very level coupling.
I’ve been using this antenna to run more digital mode on bands I typically was unproductive on. The 12m and 30m capabilities are really nice! I’ve found the antenna tunes 160m to 6m but I’ve only made a handful of contacts on the end bands.
The Array Solution device is at the end of the hardline, and a short 2 ft whip of 9713F connects the antenna to the device:
Have landscaping to finish off, but this install is rocking!