Creating Durable Systems within the K9ZW Main QTH Shack is a series started with: https://wp.me/p2XN8-1Sc
The Work Stations and Operator Comforts and Shack Water/Waste system can be broken down further:
- Shack Heat
- Shack Cooling
- Vermin Control
The needs for its final build-out, testing and commissioning include:
- Shack Heat – Primary Furnace just replaced Feb 2020, Backup is Electric Heaters
- Shack Cooling – Primary A/C (older unit) put into properly location Fall 2019, Backup is Windows
- Water – Primary is seasonally piped from well or bottled, Backup is bottled
- Toilet – Primary is an Electric Combustion unit installed in 2019, Backup is walk to main house
- Vermin Control – Primary is systematic exclusion (2019) with Backup of traps
- Security – Primary is a monitoring system (2019) and Backup is a seismic intrusion detector
In way of documentation to make future troubleshooting and repairs easier the links are:
- Service Manuals and consumable spares are in the hamshack.
- Links to service manuals are in my cloud storage.
- Additional drawings need to be completed on certain pipe routing information.
My system is built of:
- Williams wall furance
- GE A/C unit
- Incincolet Toilet
- Redacted Security Equipment and Military Surplus Seismic gear
In terms of Redundancy/Backup/Failure Options:
If Primary and Backup options fail, but shack remains good for equipment, station can be run remotely.
- Most single item failures can be replaced or covered with portable gear (space heaters, another A/C unit, a Port-a-potty, Water Jugs, Trailcams…)