K9ZW 2012 Radio Year Wind-Down 8 - December - 2012Posted by k9zw in Amateur Radio, K9ZW, K9ZW Just Rambled.
Only a few more weeks left in 2012 and K9ZW is in too few logs for the year. Operating time has come in bursts, varying with work load and free time. Afraid I’ve only put few couple thousand QSOs in the log this year – a pretty weak showing.
The present station set up here is:
- Radio – Flex-5000A RX2/ATU version and FlexControl
- Amp – SPE Expert 1KW
- Amp Interface – AmpKeyer Unit
- Tuner – Palstar AT-Auto
- Computer – Dell WinXP box with a commercial serial port expansion unit
- Monitors – Dual Dell 22in flat screens
- Rotor Control – Green Heron
- Rotor – Ham-IV
- Tower – TriEx-54
- Watt/SWR Meter – PowerMaster by Array Solutions
- Antenna Switch – RtaPak-6N by Array Solutions
- Keyer/Trainer – Bengali CW-Machine
- Key – Kent Iambic
- Microphone – Yaesu MD-200A8X
- 160-40m Antenna – W9INN Half-Sloper
- 20-10m Antenna – Tennadyne T-8
- 6m-1.3gHz Antenna – Tennadyne T-28c
- Frequency Reference/Source – Ex-Cellular Phone Repeater unit (commercial)
- Most Coax – Bury-Flex
- Jumpers – Mostly SuperFlex factory units
- Power Supplies – several TenTec/Astron
- Colins S-Line setup (32S1/75S1/30L1/PowerSupply/Speaker/Station-Control)
- Swan 200/PowerSupply w/Dentron GLA-1000 & SuperTuner
- Several Boat Anchor receivers
Then there is some spare gear (I am convinced gear “breeds” in the dark….) – enough to put together a replacement station (mostly TenTec).
A couple VHF/UHF rigs and HT’s mostly rounds out the inventory, unless one includes some of those unplanned additions like the older TenTec Paragon II and some other old rigs that just showed up to stay…..
Should keep me busy for a good long time….